LOVE Food CIC runs free community cookery sessions in Exeter and Teignbridge.
At our cookery sessions, and our lunch clubs, we make food that is healthy, vegan and sustainable. All our recipes are affordable and easy to prepare. We use local, organic fruit and vegetables, so what we cook changes throughout the year, depending what’s in season.
So far some of the cookery sessions we have run
- Online session on the Hungry Gap for Plant Based Health Professionals – we made wild garlic soup, barley and squash risotto and rhubarb and date compote – Hungry Gap Recipes.
- Cookery demo in St Thomas Community Garden making salads using fresh produce from the garden – we made taboulleh and chickpea salad.
- Children’s cookery class with Exeter Woodcraft Folk – we made vegan sushi and rice paper rolls
- Demo on healthy eating in the menopause for St Thomas Peri/Menopause Group – we made winter taboulleh, tahini dip and Greek bean salad – PMS Tribe recipes.
- 1:1 cooking session as part of our crowdfunder – we made socca, lentil bolognese and pumpkin cheesecake – Cookery session recipes
If you work in the local community and are interested in a free cookery session for people you work with please get in touch. We are also happy to run private cookery sessions for individuals or small groups.